REDUCING RACIAL & ETHNIC DISPARITIES
Race & Ethnicity Indicator Analysis
Youth justice systems disproportionately affect youth of color. One state sought to center race equity and inclusion in all of its youth justice reform efforts. They needed tools to help them have informed policy discussions around race and ethnicity, and work towards solutions that address racial disparities and monitor system progress.
How we helped:
- Provide strategic guidance on collecting and reporting data through a race/ethnicity lens.
- By default, all reporting and analyses produced now provide a race equity lens to understand the data.
- Developed interactive dashboards that include the ability to break analyses down by several factors, one of which includes race equity.
- Youth justice reform centers approach around race/equity.
- Every analysis now includes a race/equity analysis.
- Both explanatory and exploratory data workbooks were developed for the State to use to analyze youth justice performance through a race equity lens.
Executives | State Administrators
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Let’s build a data-informed, people-centered system together
We can help you feel confident in your use of data through strategic guidance, technical assistance, user-friendly analytics tools, and training.