Prosecutorial Data Transparency
Fairfax County Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney (OCA) is a leader in providing data about prosecutorial decision-making to the public. Empact Solutions worked closely with OCA to visualize data about bond review hearings in an approachable, usable presentation.
How we helped:
- Worked closely with data team staff to ensure the data was visualization ready.
- Developed approachable, customized, interactive visualizations that provide new insights.
- Built customized quality assurance views to catch logical errors, duplicates, and missing information.
- Public stakeholders have access to recent bond review hearing data through a publicly available website.
- Leadership can track OCA bond review hearing recommendations in relation to agency policy.
- Staff and leadership have the ability to quickly and easily monitor the data and conduct regular quality assurance checks to ensure the accuracy of the data.
Public | Practitioners | Local Administrators
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Let’s build a data-informed, people-centered system together
We can help you feel confident in your use of data through strategic guidance, technical assistance, user-friendly analytics tools, and training.